Justice Civil and Eviction Suits
This information is furnished to you to provide basic information relative to the law governing procedures for civil cases in this court. The Montgomery County Justices of the Peace and the Clerks of the Montgomery County Justice Courts are not allowed to give legal advice.You are urged to review the applicable laws and to consult an attorney of your choice for further information or answers to specific legal questions.
The jurisdictional limit of the Justice Court is $20,000 exclusive of interest and court costs.
The parties to suits must know the relevant law and how to proceed in the Court setting.
Clerks of the Court are prohibited by law from giving advice or legal instruction to either party.
For a complete list of fees, please click on the links:
- Instructions to Efiling Evictions
- Civil Fee Schedule
- File My Request
- Debt Claims Petition
- Small Claims Petition
- Eviction Petition
- Tenant’s Right to Repair/Remedy Petition
- After Judgment Information
- Autopsy Reports and Death Certificates
- Military Affidavit
- Occupational Driver’s License Information & Petition
- Release or Satisfaction of Judgment
- Respondent’s Answer Form
- State Bar of Texas
- Self Help – File your case online
- Texas Rules of Civil Procedure – The Supreme Court of Texas
Disclaimer: The law is constantly changing and there may be times when the information on this web site will not be current. This information is provided for general informational purposes only and is not intended as legal advice. This information is not a comprehensive treatment of the subject and is not a substitute for advice from an attorney.